Skip to content
A retiree looking forward to many more years came to us with the following questions:
- Are there other investment options available apart from conservative portfolios based solely on my age?
- Can you educate me on my options while also rendering recommendations unique to my personal situation?
- Can I fulfill my ultimate goal of leaving $1 million to each of my two kids upon my passing?
The Burney Wealth team recommended a portfolio that factored in the retiree’s age but also the unique risk tolerance, financial situation and goals of the client. The plan:
- Accounted for the client’s risk capacity, other sources of income and spending habits.
- Looked at the complete financial picture.
- Was not driven simply by age-based rules of thumb.
- Provided retirement security.
- Ended up more growth-oriented than the typical retiree given the long time frame remaining in retirement and ambitious goal to leave money to the children.
Are we ready for retirement?
Is our portfolio working as hard as it could?